You’ve chosen your birth location, decided on a name, and have finished up your shopping list for baby necessities. You are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new family member; but have you thought about bringing your little one home? What if you need help with feeding? What if you need a break so you can get some sleep? What if you need help learning to soothe your baby?
The first weeks of parenthood (whether it’s your first or fifth) are full of hard work, selfless love, and usually a few tears. As your postpartum doula, I will help you step into your new normal with the support you need to find joy in the transition.
- Assistance with feeding (breast, bottle, or a mix of the two)
- Tips and tricks to understand your baby’s cries and meet their needs
- Support and education in newborn care including diapering, swaddling, baby-wearing, and bathing
- Listening and understanding as you process the emotions of birth and new parent life
- Light meal preparation and house cleaning while you take time to rest and bond with your baby
- Complementary car seat education and evaluation to keep your precious baby as safe as can be while on the road
We will start with a free meet-and-greet to get acquainted and decide if I’m the right doula for your family. Once hired, we will further discuss your needs and set up a tentative plan. At the end of this meeting, we will have created a custom-designed schedule of support for your family in the first weeks/months of parenthood.
I serve families in King County and the East Side (Kirkland/Bellevue/Kent)
Contact me to schedule an interview today!