I am a wife, mother, postpartum doula, and car seat educator. I live with my husband and two young children in south King County. I enjoy quality time spent with friends and family, cooking wholesome food at home, sewing, and spending time with my family. I graduated from Seattle Pacific University with a Bachelor’s degree in Spanish: Latin American Studies.
My passion for childbirth and newborn adjustment was sparked at the age of 15 when I attended my first birth. I began my career in the birth world first as a birth doula. I was trained at the Simkin Center at Bastyr University and became certified as a PALS birth doula. Over the course of two years, I supported clients delivering in hospitals, birth centers, and at home.
In an effort to expand my support services, I returned to Simkin Center to be trained as a postpartum doula. Soon after, I received my postpartum certification with NAPS Doulas. Postpartum support has become my passion and where I intend to focus my work over the coming years. I love to be a part of this beautiful transition as families blossom into their new normal.
Contact me for postpartum support today!
Professional Training and Continuing Education:
- 11/2013 Birth Doula Skills Workshop at Simkin Center
- 3/2014 Adult & Infant Heartsaver CPR & AED
- 3/2014 REACHE Conference
- 5/2014 Breastfeeding Resources, Application, and Skills for Doulas
- 7/2014 Business Skills for Doulas
- 2/2015 Postpartum Doula Skills Worksop at Simkin Center
- 4/2015 Child Passenger Safety Certification Training
- 10/2015 Northwest Doula Conference
- 11/2015 Love & Logic Parenting Conference
- 2/2016 Latest Child Restraint Innovations: Engineering and Design (Safe Kids)
- 4/2016 Spinning Babies with Gaily Tully
- 7/2016 DONA International Annual Conference
- 9/2016 TENS in the Toolbox! TENS Use in Labor
- 10/2016 Adult & Infant CPR/AED/First Aid
- 10/2017 Northwest Doula Conference
- 4/2017 Breastsleeping- Special Event with Dr.James McKenna
- 12/2017 Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders & the Postpartum Doula
- 3/2018 Shafia Monroe: Cultural Competency for Healthcare Professionals
- 3/2019 Tongue Ties & Beyond for Doulas
- 5/2019 Adult & Infant Heartsaver CPR & AED